Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Truck scan tool.

aussiejake ยท 2016-05-22 05:15

Trying to find the best heavy duty scanner available for my workshop. We work on American, Japanese and a little European trucks.

Replies6
  1. #1Truck Shop2016-05-22 07:38

    We use a Snap On scanner for our Detroit's-don't remember the model. Good unit though. Truck Shop

  2. #2StanRUS2016-05-22 08:06

    Try Cummins Fault Advisor = FREE https://insite.cummins.com/insite/info/mfca.html

  3. #3ohiofleet2016-05-22 08:43

    jpro works real good

  4. #4nowing752016-05-24 20:27

    Ecatalogs.com has every think you need. I prefer the manufacture softwere instead of the aftermarket as you can do much more.

  5. #5simonsrplant2016-05-25 01:38

    Agreed but there is a time and place for a flexible tool that will do many applications and be a little more robust than a laptop. I run a laptop for off road software and a snap on pro link for on road... It's ok but with software gets pricey.

  6. #6SocalHDR2016-05-26 21:32

    I just picked up the OTC heavy duty scan tool and it reads all on road trucks and off road really happy with it.