Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Truck type tires and valve stems

chidog ยท 2026-08-29 00:36

Working on front dual forklift tube type tires, brakes etc. So is it possible to remove the tube type tires on the outside and flip them 180, to get the valve stem sticking to the outside rather than the inside? The stem notch in the wheel is elongated and looks to favor the stem pointing inward? I guess I'll find out soon.

Replies2
  1. #1AMBMike2026-08-29 10:12

    Why not get a dual foot air chuck and gauge? Or are you having other problems with the stems facing inward?

  2. #2chidog2026-08-29 15:41

    I got a lock n fill air chuck and no way to fit it inside, I guess they make 180 deg loops. Yeah just a stupid design, on something that can be so dangerous to be filling with air. I have one of one of those chucks it does not clamp on for remote filling. The only decent clamp on that won't leak that I found so far is the Lock n Fill, I think snap on made a dual foot that would stay on, the nut on the snap on truck never ordered it for me. I wish all those tool trucks would disappear then maybe the prices would come down.