Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Truck won’t shut off

Hunter013 · 2024-11-19 19:47

2015 Peterbilt 567 with an X15 I’ve been having an issue with the starter interruption relay a few times over the past year. I change the relay or swap it with a wiper motor one and it works fine for awhile. That happened again last night and I just swapped relays and it ran fine all day today. When the driver got back this evening, the truck wouldn’t shut off with the key. We ended up just capping the turbo to shut it off. We searched all over on the truck and can’t see any bare or shorted wires. We disconnected the ignition switch while it was running and it didn’t make a difference. What else should we check?

Replies6
  1. #1Coaldust2024-11-20 01:04

    The fuel shutoff solenoid is a common culprit on those. Three things: Make sure the power wire is not energized with the key off. Test the solenoid Take the valve apart and clean, new o-rings and reassemble.

  2. #2Shimmy12024-11-20 01:06

    I'm guessing he's going to need pointed in the right direction on where the solenoid is.

  3. #3Coaldust2024-11-20 02:22

    I’ve been looking for a good, on-engine picture of a CM2250 with no luck, so far.

  4. #4cfherrman2024-11-20 10:17

    I have the fuel shut off gutted on my n14 and when the ECU power is cut it shuts off, I would think it's the same on a newer Cummins, I would see try pulling the ECU power fuses when it doesnt shut down and see if that shuts it down.

  5. #5Hunter0132024-11-20 10:34

    I tried working on it today, but its shuts off like it should now. I even ran it on high idle for awhile to see if it needed to be hot, but no difference, shuts off like normal now.

  6. #6Hunter0132024-11-20 13:02

    Truck came back with the same issue. Is the fuel shut off solenoid the same as the fuel control actuator? That's the only thing I can see on the back of the fuel pump.