My pickups needed some work so i pulled it in the shop last week end. It needed a starter drive and the defroster worked on. I also did some other stuff. The trailer brake control didnt work right so i rewired it i also changed the oil replaced the fan with a electric one replaced the door hinge pins,replaced the trailer plug. I also want to redo the bumper and bolt a pintle hitch on it so i will not have to use the receiver one. I got the want bumps for anther truck and told my self i couldnt buy one until i fixed some on my other junk.After my pickup is fixed my F600 needs a headgasket, a seat,trailer brake controller and some other work. Maybe the truck i want will be sold by then it needs work to.
It never ends even if you buy another truck, only way it ends is if you quit turning the wrenches or retire from it all which will put you in the dirt faster than if you kept going.
I find I don't work quite as hard wrenching on my old junk to keep it running than I would trying to earn enough money to make payments on a new one.
I borrowed to buy 3 rigs in my life it didnt take forever to pay off but every one wasnt easy payments. I dont have to borrow to buy this one but i dont know if i need it.
For me rust is always the deciding factor, but that is a regional problem. I would rather have an old truck with a clean frame than a newer truck with rust looming. But also I would rather have a big cam cummins than an isx.