Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trying to find a cheap way to sift rock with A Cat 950F

BellB25C · 2013-07-10 13:34

Hello, I am trying to find a way to separate the fines from the larger rocks with a Caterpillar 950F with the beales quick coupler. I haven't found much luck finding a sieve bucket and I am going to try to build something out of a few pairs of forks. Can you think of any other ways of separating the material? Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks, Darryl

Replies8
  1. #1Bob/Ont2013-07-10 14:11

    The best way would be to get a set of forks from a lift truck used to move concrete blocks. Later Bob

  2. #2Lindsey972013-07-16 23:56

    skeleton bucket made for your wheel loader. look on machinery trader for a used one.

  3. #3norite2013-07-17 00:53

    If you don't need to move around much, just build (or buy) a grizzly screener.

  4. #4CRAFT2013-07-17 01:38

    I've been intrigued by the company called "Flip- Screen" ……. never seen the bucket work in real life But the video's are sure impressive ….. skid-steers, excavators and the loaders like you have ……. www.flipscreen.net ….. when you open the link the first video they show is exactly your Cat 950 machine …… don't know what they cost but sure looks simple to use.

  5. #5BellB25C2013-07-17 02:17

    Those flip screens are pretty interesting, but we're not sure if we want to spend $60000 on one. A grizzly would work, but we are working in a dry place and the dust from lifting the material up that high may cause some environmental concerns.

  6. #6rare ss2013-07-30 09:06

    Skelton bucket would be the cheapest way

  7. #7glenlunberg2013-08-27 22:26

    That picture is really interesting. I think I should build my own just in case I need it.

  8. #8Top Dog2017-04-16 21:35

    I have one for sale that I bought, never used it and have 4 screens with it if you are interested, needs to be gone I have shut down the Quarry and no longer need it.