Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trying to find paint code for old Toyota forklift orange?

fastline ยท 2017-04-17 15:05

Did not know it would be this hard but Toyota just kicks out a "part number" and out local paint guys act like they don't have anything to offer. I am not the only one that has ever needed to paint an old forklift I assume. I know they used the same color for many years and probably matches many other brands and equipment.

Replies1
  1. #1DIYDAVE2017-04-17 21:25

    Find a spot, that has been hidden from the sun, and take the part to a paint dealer that has a color match machine. I think orange colors are the hardest to match, and paint, they cover lousy. I have Allis- Chalmers tractors, and some experience. I can look up paint codes, and it matches for a while, but out in the sun some oranges still fade to pink... Nothin worse than a pink tractor, cept maybe a pink forklift...