Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trying to find Serial Number lookup for Deutz Air Cooled

dragonslayr ยท 2017-07-09 20:01

hello.... anybody know of a serial number lookup site for a Deutz F4L-1011F engine? This unit is in my 1996 Snorkel Boom Lift. Snorkel tells me that based on my S N on lift and being a Diesel engine that it has to be that Model. When I contacted a Deutz "technical support" / parts dealer they told me I would have to have S N to get any info from them. They seem to have things sewn up pretty good. All I want to do is to have a much better understanding of this machine and really am hoping that I can avoid paying a dealer $300.00 for a service/ shop manual!; which brings me to tah other question; Anybody got a PDF manual they would share? Thanks, Walt~

Replies2
  1. #1Jonas3022017-07-09 22:28

    The common spot for Deutz # is on the air shroud it will come off the engine so you can see it easy and you should check for buildup of leaves and such in there now and then its the tin cover behind the cooling fan blower there may be another tag also You will not get anywhere with Deutz without the serial #

  2. #2dragonslayr2017-07-10 20:27

    Thanks allot Jonas.... I did look where you suggested and if the plate had been there it is long gone,, I did finally find a short video that mentioned that if plate had been removed it could always be found STAMPED in to block behind the starter at very back end of block. I took a look and found a narrow three inch long vertical boss which of course was covered with oil and crud and after a long, careful cleaning I finally started to see that there were numbers. I have copied and ran out of time to call deutz today to see if I might learn anything but will make time tomorrow for sure. Any chance that you might know of a S N lookup page somewhere?... thanks again, Walt~