Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trying to ID a snow gate

Blue-Fox · 2024-11-07 00:08

You guys recognize this Snow Gate? Maybe know who makes these ?? Thanks

Replies15
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-11-07 02:57

    Almost looks homemade. The square blocks with the holes in them don't look like how a factory gate would be made. Edit Saw an add for an old Champion 740 with a snow gate. Could only see from the outside but the slotted holes on the bottom and the bolts at the top looked similar. It was on Kijiji Alberta Hammerstrap Industries.

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-11-07 03:00

    Double post

  3. #3Blue-Fox2024-11-29 09:41

    Yeah Dave this one has been beefed up like most any one you find like this design. They get beat up I have 4 of them and they seem to have all come from Canada but there’s no markings on them anywhere

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-11-29 18:54

    I haven't seen one listed as made by Champion but there could be a (Canadian) maker of attachments that made them for Champion. A place like Weldco Beales or Craig, etc.

  5. #5cuttin edge2024-11-30 09:26

    It doesn't look like it would take much abuse compared to something like this. https://www.craigattachments.com/products/grader/snow-gear/universal-snow-gate/

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-11-30 16:03

    I'm sure they've been beefed up over the years.

  7. #7Silveroddo2024-12-16 19:52

    Looks like this could be it, or pretty similar Briggs Machine & Fabrication: Our Products & Services Information about the products and services offered by Brigg's Machine and Fabrication, Spokane, Washington. briggsmachine.com http://briggsmachine.com/photos/IMG_1443.JPG http://briggsmachine.com/photos/IMG_1442.JPG

  8. #8Welder Dave2024-12-16 19:56

    That looks very similar.

  9. #9cuttin edge2024-12-16 21:08

    I couldn't imagine using one. In a city, it would be worn out in one winter. Hope they oiled that Volvo up good. Mine only plowed a couple winters, and the paint is terrible. Faded and rusted.

  10. #10Welder Dave2024-12-16 21:15

    I wonder if a stiff rubber edge would last longer than a steel edge? Doesn't really need down pressure just has to hold the windrow back for 15' or so.

  11. #11cuttin edge2024-12-17 07:54

    Just imagine how many times it would go up and down in a city

  12. #12Welder Dave2024-12-17 20:07

    Sometimes they have a skid steer come behind the graders here. For rural roads snow gates would be great. Would be nice if the operator could just push a button and the gate automatically dropped into position instead of having to hold a switch or pull a lever.

  13. #13cuttin edge2024-12-18 19:39

    Sub division where I live. I'm in an area outside the city, so the lots are a bit bigger. In this short stretch, you would have to open and close the gate 42 times

  14. #14cuttin edge2024-12-18 19:44

    The area where I grew up, Imagine the opening and closing here.

  15. #15Welder Dave2024-12-18 23:10

    I live in a similar type area. They have a couple skid steers come by after to clear the windrow across driveways. If the snow gate was fast wouldn't be that big of a deal. You can't go very fast in a city anyway.