AFter trining my ts14 scraper last year on a pond job self loading which it did pretty well, but I noticed it still seems short on power and I got to wondering if anyone had put little 5.9 Cummins in these scrapers and if so how they coupled to the bell housing and drive pumps on the front motor? Is it just a standard bellhousing adaptor and drive coupler?
I can't help you with the 5.9 Cummins but FWIW A number of years ago I worked for a guy that replaced the 4-71 front engine with a 6-71. In my opinion it turned that machine into a pretty nice running scraper. All but eliminated the need for a push cat alot of the time.
TS14G with Cummins OEM Manual http://constructionsupport.terex.co...Terex_Equipment_Ltd/Archive/TS14G_Cummins.pdf
I'm not sure what all you would need but it shouldn't be that bad I have been Thinking of doing it to my 14. There is a company here in Ohio that specialises in terex equipment they have done it and could tell you what you would need its called C&C repair in plain city ohio
I have ts 14 with turbo charge 471 in front . that helps alot
Some TS 14s made in Brazil came with the 6 v 53 GM in each end, have seen them out here in Oz.