Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TS14B Back engine throttle

stars&bars44 ยท 2017-10-19 09:46

Air builds up to 120 everything worked fine yesterday. Today no response from back engine. Throttle body works fine by hand, Checked air line all the way back, not mashed or leaking any air. One very minor leak at the tank from another line not related to throttle. Any ideas? New to the 14s and rear engine stuff.

Replies4
  1. #1RZucker2017-10-19 20:22

    Are you getting air at cylinder if you disconnect the line? Are you getting air from the pedal valve if you disconnect the line? You may have a plugged line to the rear. Does it have a throttle lock valve or a park brake interlock? Just a thought. I don't remember if the B's had air released park brakes.

  2. #2d9gdon2017-10-19 20:24

    Freezing weather this morning? Could have frozen some water in the air valve. My 627 did that one time.

  3. #3RZucker2017-10-20 21:16

    Yep, had a TS-24, and in cold weather I would disconnect the throttle line at the end of the day and blow it out True, Running a TS-24 years ago, I disconnected the rear throttle line and blew it out every night when working in freezing weather. Water would collect in the low points in the line. After enough of that I installed air dryers. Only way to go.

  4. #4stars&bars442017-10-23 21:30

    I got on it to move out of the way and it started working. It only got down to mid 40's night before so I dont think it had ice in the line, but I guess anything is possible. Hasn't given any trouble since then. And the air dryer is something i need to check into. Thanks for the help everyone.