TS14G with 5.9 Cummins blew ECU for front motor, replaced and still nothing. Thoughts please.
I would start by verify ECU has all it’s switched and unswitched powers and grounds before I went any further. Did the new ECU get programmed on the machine or bench programmed or was it pre-prograed when bought.
And who made that determination?
And was it really Popped? Anyone throw a weld on machine of recent history?
Thanks all for response, the new ECU checks out fine and the old one had burnt out inner circuit board harness. Put new one on another machine and all was good so now that I have proved that out here is how we got there. Machine was fine, replaced drive shaft on front motor to trans and went for start up. Turned on key switch, dash lights up and nothing else, can start front engine at starter but not the rear engine. All fuses are good that I can find in cab and under front belly pan and at rear engine. Swapped out key switch and still the same, its almost like there is a safety device somewhere that is killing start power. Also, when front engine is started dash stays illuminated and gauges are not recording i.e rev counter etc. Any help always appreciated. Thanks
I don't know for sure on your machine, but seat switches, park brakes, and FNR's are usually where the safety stuff is tied into
Not too much beyond those on these. Have to ask again, ANY One weld on this or short a battery cable out?????
No welding and will check cables again, thx.
Found it, thx for help.
That will do it
I'm trying to picture where on the machine your picture is taken. I see a tire in the background. Long welded reinforcement looks like the added metal for a front push pull hitch? Welded base for a Stauf hose block. Did you buy this machine from Blair, NE?
Hi, this reply is off topic , its hard to find many members with current postings Could you help with locating a twin-hitch for a TS14b . Thx. Terry
Try hulco.com C&C Repair in Plain City, Ohio won't answer their phone. I'd like to know where all the hitches and push blocks went. Lots of machines with empty mounting plates. Missed buying a TS14B on RB in Minnesota fully set up for P-P. Only brought $6000. Could have stripped what I wanted and sent it back to RB.
Hi, thx. for the reply. Chuck @ C&C is out of stock. E-mailed 5-6 dismantlers w 14's -no stock. Called for 627b hitchs-no stock. Just purchased 2nd. 14b and TD20g to push w 82-30 dozer as back-up. Working on cleaning up all the air leaks on the 14's. Just need to find a job now.! Thx. Terry
Hi, do you remember the trany friendly up-shift with a load on the older 14b's. Thx. Terry