Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tub grinder hydraulic issue?

Smogger82 ยท 2016-12-09 20:07

Hello, I have an '02 Vermeer TG525 with loader I'm having problems with. Was working fine until one day grinding I plugged the belly conveyor with dirty material. Went to lift the tub table and nothing. When pressing the lift lever you can see the hydraulic hoses jump, but no lift, doesn't even budge. Tried to manually lift the tub using the loader grapple and a chain, but then the loader operation stopped too. I could lift the boom briefly, but then stopped working. Emptied the tub by hand to see if something was jamming it, found nothing. Now when I rotate the tub at high rpm and fully opened rotation control it only turns medium speed, and kind of jerky. This machine has a single hydraulic system. Although I see hoses flex and the hydro gauge jump to 2500+ psi when I attempt to lift the tub, I'm wondering if this is a hydraulic issue, since multiple functions seem to be affected. Anyone have any ideas or experience like this? Thanks in advance!

Replies6
  1. #1blowerman2016-12-09 20:32

    Is some other part stuck/jammed up? Can you manually do any function?

  2. #2Smogger822016-12-09 23:42

    Yes, the conveyor tilt functions, tub cover, tub rotation forward and reverse all still work.

  3. #3Jonas3022016-12-10 00:35

    Means you see the hoses jump and have pressure Might need to look to the return side probably has a filter in it could be plugged Return hose could have come apart inside and be plugged or even pinched off

  4. #4Smogger822016-12-10 01:04

    Ok, thanks I'll check that.

  5. #5John C.2016-12-10 12:11

    Isn't there some kind of locking mechanism for that tub? I seem to remember the Diamond Z units had a lock that opened on hydraulics before the lift cylinder got any oil.

  6. #6Smogger822016-12-10 12:26

    There's a tub cover lock, but no lock for the tub and table itself. There's also a hydraulic dis/engage button on the control panel that's supposed to be pulled out before starting, but it starts and operates in either position...