Was looking information on hiring a tub grinder for land clearing debris. What are the usual rates or how are the jobs priced, ect.. Would like to hear any opinions you might have on grinding vs. hauling.
grinding I live in New Bern and I have several guys in my area that has the big tub grinders. With the price of fuel as high as it is, hauling is almost out of the question. Send me a PM and I will give you their phone numbers. They both work a lot in your area.
Thanks, and PM sent! Nobody else have anything they would like to say about tub grinding?
I ran a tub grinder for 3 years what do yo wanna know?
How do they charge for their service? By the hour, day, volume of debris ground, ect..? Is there typicaly a minimum amount of acreage worth of debris or minimum number of days most would want to stay on a job? This ofcourse is stuff that I know will vary from company to company and depending on the machine, ect. Just trying to get some ideas.
We charged by the acre 4-5 grand an acre, the Diamond Z I ran could easily do like 20-40 acres a day depending on the size type of trees... how much dirt is in the piles, how fast a loader could push up the trees and if the hammer tips are new...?
A guy in my area who has a horizontal grinder quoted me $500 per hr. loading with his excavator. I ended up burning it all because it was pretty dirty and would have been a slow go.
Gyro Trac You might want to investigate other methods of clearing land other than tub grinders or hauling. Oftentimes mulching equipment is can be very fast and effective and less costly than tub grinders as there is far less equipment involved and thus less labor costs. I am a land clearing contractor I run Gyro Trac equipment www.precisionlandclearing.com
You are preaching to the choir man. I already have an RC100 with a Loftness carbide head and a couple of Woods heavy duty bush hogs I use. Unfortunately mulching machines are not always the best choice for the job.
A mate of mine bought a tub grinder some years back. It was brand new but had "VERRY" high maintenance and guzzled lots of fuel. I think it had a 500hp cat motor. He had to buy another one to keep one running and nowdays has quit that game.........C ya.........Ray
hi tex clear, there are no gyro trac machines in australia yet, however the vermeer dealer are now trying to sell them, the video looks impressive, how do you find them ? how do the perform in rough conditions, IE, rock etc on the ground.
I haul from under a tub grinder. Burning not allowed. Final product is trucked to local pulp mills for hog fuel. Rocks very hard on grinding bits. Steel in a pile very dangerous as it flies out. Did a job 2 weeks ago,last load and a piece of skid plate 18x18 and 1 inch thick shut machine down. Had to run 2hrs before sunup and 2hrs after sunset to get job done in 4 days. No one walks around the job site