Was looking for some aw46 on sale which I usually run in all my machines and found some Turbine 46 for cheap. Will this stuff run ok in older equipment instead of aw46 ? Better or worse? What is the main difference's Thanks
My thoughts would be if you know who made the "turbine 46" would be to contact the manufacture and see if they will give you any information.
When I worked at a chemical plant a few years ago, they ran T 68 in centrifugal pumps for lube oil. I think it has very low foaming quality to it. Obviously the 68 is a little more viscous than the 46. If it’s not a critical hyd system it should be ok.
Another question, The Turbine oil is gone but I did find a barrel of AW32 for cheap and also a barrel of DTE 46. I know the AW32 is a little thinner and understand the basics of it but am curious if the DTE 46 could be used instead of AW46. Anybody done this yet?
Don't run turbine oil, it lacks AW. Why are you looking for cheap stuff? Cheap/ wrong/ dirty oil will create 100 x the problems than the pennies you saved.
Was only ASKING about the turbine oil as an option but it was sold. They also had some Mobile DTE 25 ISO 46 oil and am researching its property's. Mobile oil did get back to me and said I could mix the DTE 25 into my AW46 but the DTE was a much better oil. Since I can purchase the DTE 25 Premium oil for a great price sounds like a deal to me. Not looking for "cheap" oil, just a good deal.............
No offense meant. I'm a lube nerd.... DTE is a high end hydraulic oil.
DTE 25 last I knew was the hyd. oil they were using on 90% of the equipment at the quarry.
Mobil's web site did mention some big quarry's and a great review on matinence savings. Unfortunately I am getting an education in the fine print and numbers. The DTE oil is actually DTE26 and ISO 68 weight. Its a great deal and I am told that older machines don't mind the thicker oil but new machines require the 46. Since I have "older" machines I might pick up a few barrels. Thanks for the input.