I have a cat 246b skid steer with the Mitsubishi 3044 CT engine. Anyone know of a good source for a replacement turbo? Mine is leaking oil in the intake and the shaft is loose.
Your local cat dealer can supply, or some fuel injection shops often have contacts for turbo suppliers. Get the part number and check google for suppliers. The cheapest may not always be the best. Simon C
Some turbos have a little plate that goes between the top feed hose and the top of turbo oil inlet. The little plate has a small hole in it to limit the amount of oil going in. Not sure if yours has one. Simon C
If your machine Serial Number is PATxxxxx then the turbocharger is Part Number 235-4964. Try searching the internet for turbo suppliers who offer "will-fit" equivalents to that P/N. You will problably need other stuff such as gaskets, clips, hardware, etc.
Sorry, this post was suppose to go to the other fellow having a problem with his turbo right now. My oops.Simon C
Looks like Cat is about $2249 here is a vendor we have used with genuine Mitsubishi NEW Mitsubishi TD04HL Turbo CAT Earth Mover 4D13T Skid Steer 3044C 49189-02711 Save money on TD04HL turbochargers at TurboTurbos. turboturbos.com
Thanks to all for your input. Now, after installing the new turbo engine smokes quite a bit. White smoke. In my tinkering I did slightly adjust the timing marks on the injector pump to see if it would change anything. I didn’t follow the proper procedure. Just adjusted the marks slightly. Now I think I need to do a proper injection pump timing. Anyone know of a good kit? Dial indicator from cat is astronomical, and the timing gauge is nonexistent.