Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TVC current

Hydraumind ยท 2018-08-07 23:10

What should be the current value feeding both solenoid of the TVC valve, when testing pressure and flow of a PC300-6 hydraulic pump.

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2018-08-08 16:40

    I'm guessing a bit here because the PC300 in the early versions was just a Dash 5 hydraulic system with a Dash 6 electronic system. Is this a CLSS or OLSS system? On the Dash 6 systems as I recall I've never seen a reason to try to figure that one out. Basically the only way that would come into play is at maximum pump output that would draw down engine RPM. From experience that would mean traveling up a hill while swinging the house and booming down and arm out all at the same time. On the Dash 5 systems you can change the TVC solenoid pressure to change the torque curve pulled by the pumps. As I recall I usually set those at no more than 150 PSI in HO mode with the swing brake set. Let me know if I have this wrong.

  2. #2Hydraumind2018-08-09 08:52

    It is a CLSS system. It has two solenoid on each TCV,LS valve, on the side of the pump. I mean the current value to feed the solenoid when I want to check the pump horsepower (P,Q curve)

  3. #3John C.2018-08-09 11:44

    OK, it's a great question and one that no one I know has ever thought of. We have always checked the draw down on engine rpm at full load and adjusted the TVC output to get no more than 150 rpm drop in engine speed. Since on a Dash 6 the electrical output cannot be adjusted in anyway that I know of, the question has never come up. Do you have a photo of the PC300-6 pump that you could post. I'm wondering if it looks like the PC200-6 pump and which type. Does it have the pilot pump on the back or is pilot pressure taken from a reducing valve on the main control valve body?

  4. #4Hydraumind2018-08-09 12:49

    I don't want to adjust the current. I am using an external power supply to feed the solenoid with a fixed current and try to test bench the pump. On the rear of the pump there is a pilot pump gear type. Below is the image of the pump as shown in the parts manual.

  5. #5John C.2018-08-09 12:55

    Now I understand. The only good test bench I know of is at the local Komatsu dealer and they probably have that information. Their phone number is 253 872-3500. Ask to talk to Casey Turk who can direct you to people there that might know. I believe he is their field dispatcher now. Tell him that appraiser from his past sent you his way.