Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Two C7s and a 6.7 Cummins

Tiny ยท 2017-01-27 21:31

Im working as a wrench for a bus company now . While doing monthly PM's I found oil leaking from the oil filter mounts. Not a big deal but 3 of them in 2 weeks seemed a bit odd . Took the filter off and Snugged the bolts. they dried right up . Anyone else run into this ??

Replies2
  1. #1Water Doc2017-01-29 09:47

    Never had a loose bolt situation on a C7, but I've changed hundreds of the oil cooler gaskets on the C7, 3126 and 3116's. I could still probably do them in my sleep

  2. #2Brodiesel2017-01-29 14:27

    I know behind that oil filter base, is an oil cooler, two o-rings and a couple gaskets, I pulled one off before where someone had installed yellow transmission o-rings in there and it was leaking pretty bad.