all right the place i work for just bought a new 445 ct case track loader 3 months ago has 80 hrs on it no one was able to touch it for the first month sat in the warm shop collecting dust then the first job they use it on was hot mix asphalt patching ointhead then i get in and run it around the lot has two speed on it running in two speed not digging not spinning around in one spot running it correctly for the gravel i was on skimming the top of the lot for gravel to fill a pot hole in the lot boss comes out says he doesn't want it ran in two speed they either ordered it that way or factory "i think its a factory option" didn't argue ok everyone else is running it in two speed not getting yelled at worked on these for three years at my old job hundreds of hours on them on the lot and doing side jobs know how to run them know the ins and outs of them form hyd motors to pumps tracks everything he says its not designed to run in two speed so why is it on there then if you are not suppose to run in two speed i know it can be and that their is a time and place for it and the job your doing but to be told its not designed to run in two speed help me out here its not his machine or company everyone esle that runs it just runs it doesn't operate just knows how to unlock it and drive around spin around in one spot spin the tracks in a pile what is your opinion
iwouldsaytthatthetwospeedisfortravelingbackandforthtoandfromapilebutnotgorworkingthemachine
sorry but a few..... And paragraph or two would make that a whole lot easier to read. the high speed is not for working, it's for getting there and back. imo
I am having problems understanding the issue I guess. Your boss does not want you working the machine in high speed? I wouldn't either, I had a new guy doing that the other day with my 465. I had to set him straight as well. The issue with the tracks makes it even more important. Speed builds heat in those tracks, thats accelerates wear. Beyond that, its his machine, run it like he wants you to.
i was running it in two speed skimming gravel off the top of the lot not digging. Just having the bucket flat on the ground picking up the loose rock on top. so i don't see the harm in that becuase you realy are not working it that hard. No more than what you would having a full bucket tracking acrossed a job site.
ha ha ha That was good . Now to the subject : The two speed is just for traveling not to work , I don't care how light of work your doing , Like KSSS said , it creates heat not only in the tracks but the entire machine, including the engine and all hydraulic components , fittings , hoses , gears , EVERYTHING.
I wont say that I have not skimmed material off the road in two speed. Cause I have and still do. I tell my guys to run the machines hard and get everything out of them you can, when it wears out well get another one. Most often productivity is king. However there is a line between running hard and abuse. CTLs have steel cables in the tracks that when they heat up, destroys the rubber. I have a VTS system on my 440. I treat that machine much different than I do my wheeled machine. Is your 445 a Series 3?
:lmao
yeah 445 ct series 3