Machine is a Gehl CTL60; year 2004; hours 1830 yes that is correct hours; same as a Takeuchi TL130, just the Gehl name on the machine. Machine is new to me, the two speed acts up, meaning it switches into high speed when it wants to; forget me activating the two speed button on the left hand joy stick and the rabbit lights up on the control screen, the machine only seldom goers into two speed, high mode. I looked around on the web for information on this matter, some one posted that they fixed the problem by replacing the solenoid part number 180873. So I ordered up the new solenoid and installed it, no change. I tried operating it for a few minuets switching between low and high speed and only once and that was after a while, did it go into high speed. I pressed the speed button again and it when into low speed and has not gone back into high speed. Some one have an idea how to fix this problem. Images below are the control (sub) valve with old solenoid mounted to the sub valve. Photo of solenoid (old one) taken apart, the metal shaft has a slight wear circle on it about 1/2 inch above the flange on the shaft in photo below the mounting plate if you blow up the image you can see it on the shaft. The flange is about 1/2 wide. From service book the info provided on the solenoid. What ever comments you make will be greatly appreciated.
Hi Bob, how you getting on with fixing it? I'm not familiar with that machine, but have you been able to verify that the solenoid is working when the buttons are pushed, or if not is there power to the wires at the solenoid etc? Cheers
After I installed the new solenoid I tryed it out after many attempts to get the machine to engage in high speed it did it only once. So I am thinking the electric to the solenoid is there, wondering about a relay if it is acting up. Any comments on a relay being a problem.
Every time you push the button, the solenoid should operate. If the solenoid is intermittent, it's either not getting the current or it's defective/jammed or some such. So it was me, I would establish those answers - using a multimeter to see if the current is getting there every time, and if it is then check the solenoid is working properly every time. If no current down there, could be relay, could be micro switch in button, or broken wire, or crusty dry connection etc etc. Have you used a multimeter on the wires on the solenoid?
Not yet I will do that and post a reply with results. Thankyou for your input, very much appreciated.
The two speed is working now, the new solenoid now works yes is is strange, I ordered a new relay for inside the control panel. I will switch the old one out, some one with same problem did that and it fixed their two speed problem. Thank you every one for the help much appreciated.
How did you know it was stuck in high speed?
It was low speed only, would not shift into high speed.