Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tyre Drama

Queenslander · 2019-10-23 05:09

A mate had a steer tyre let go the other day. Luckily, he managed to keep it upright.

Replies4
  1. #1Junkyard2019-10-23 07:52

    Loaded heavy that’s a spooky experience. I’ve blown a few tires over the years. I rode with one of my guys to help him load a machine he was a little scared of. On the way back to the shop we blew a 425 steer tire. Ol Danny was a jumpy feller to begin with. Had he not been wearing a seatbelt I believe he’d have jumped out the window when it let go! Thankfully it didn’t do near as much damage.

  2. #2kshansen2019-10-23 08:46

    No problem that'll buff out easy!

  3. #3Pony2019-10-23 09:06

    I had a steer tyre let go the other day as well . It was only a single drive body truck but I had a load of cattle on, so lets just say I didn't enjoy the experience. A bit less damage than your mate, but still done a mudguard, indicator ,etc. The fun part was getting the jack under the axle in the dirt with the cattle bouncing all over the place. Was having so much fun I forgot to get photos.

  4. #4Pony2019-10-24 00:10

    Double post