Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

U.P.6545 and 6715

knucklehead98 ยท 2008-06-29 11:50

I found this sitting in the rail yard . I believe that this is the one that went down in Vienna Il in March.

Replies3
  1. #1w2bstoned2008-06-29 11:59

    What was the story behind that? Looks bad,

  2. #2knucklehead982008-06-29 12:07

    We had alot of rain in March,entirely to much rain. Anyhow,the track was cleared for 10 mph. the recorder said the train was moving at 9mph.It was on a high fill that just gave out on them. They went down @ 200 ft. They had to wait for another engine to get there to bring in the EMS crews to get the Conductor and Engineer out. These engines have sat down there since March waiting on thigs to dry up enough to get them back up the hill and on the rails.

  3. #306bowtie_guy2008-06-30 15:58

    Wow what a mess. With the lack of locos around right now I bet there feeling the pinch of having these 2 wrecked.