not good
:usa bon voyage!! ahhhhh crap!!
More like..."oh ****!" Living up to your screen name alright!
Abandon Ship!
That sucks
Got stuck? lol How did ya get it out, where you able to pull it out with its own power or was help needed? Trbo
Not trying to be a smart ass, but I think some help was needed to get that one out according to the rutts in the first picture Oh by the way, watch out for that mud puddle, it's alittle deep...
Dig out the soil in the box with an excavator and yank it out.
One never knows, figure beings he didn't say anything about I would ask. I've seen my uncle in mud like that with our 312 for over a week, draining out a swamp and he just kept pulling himself around. But I have also seen machines a foot deep and not be able to pull themselves out. Just last winter I was in a pond with no bottom with the 312, spent 2 days in it and I couldn't move at all, mud all around me, only way to move was to use the stick and bucket. If I can get my scanner working I'll get the pics of it scanned. If we had known it was going to be like that we wouldn't hvae gone in, but had to try and the owner wanted us too as well. ended up getting a long front to dig from both sides, worked perfect that way. Trbo
I hear you, We work in alot of mud dredging out ponds. Its something that you can never let your guard down or the result is the picture above. Just have to know when it time to find higher ground or if its still ok to to work alittle longer. It's something that I have learned real well, never have had the excavator stuck before and I have been in some horrible pucker factor moments but was able to get it out. now other equipment I tend to get stuck, forget that you don't have a boom to pull yourself out on a dozer
Wow, my cousin and I were just talking bout that over to his shop, we have both never been stuck with an excavator but there has been many times where the puker factor was very high. Including one time(and no not at band camp), Chris was working on a rip rap job and was just going to finish up on a bank, sandy soil, the entire bank fell in and he sild down as well into the river, walked the machine down the river almost a half of mile before he found a place to get out, was bout as close to calling my dad to bring the dozer as he had ever been. I've never goten stuck in the mud with a dozer but did get hung up while taking down an oak tree one day. Uncle Harv just watched me do it and let it happen. Was too high on the trunk when I pushed and when the tree went down, the stump and root ball came right up under the dozer, and there I sat. Lessons learned. If you havn't broke somthing or burried a piece of equipment you aint trying too hard. Trbo
maybe it's just me but If there is another machine on the jobite that can get me unstuck I tend to take alittle more risks in the places that I go. Yes that is the walk of shame when you have to go ask someone to help pull you out.
I want to know how you got that buried as opposed to how it came out. Is it a pond or were you caught in a storm?
There's a time to go and a time to stop!!!!! then there's GET"R" DONE .Right??? You got to know when to hold,and when to fold:drinkup Good luck :usa
What Git - R - Done or Get - R- Stuck :usa
The sunroof comes in handy in situations like this. :drinkup
DUUUUUDE!! Don't park it there, you might stick it! ops
well it was one of my operators, he tried crossing a 30 yr old canal. We used d6d with winch, case 850 with winch and kobelco 210. . . . had no chance of getting out under its own power.....
Thanks, figured I would just ask, to make sure. As somtimes looks can be decieving. Didn't get a butt chewing did he? Somtimes its hard to tell what is good and what isn't until its too late. Trbo
Dear God!....
The reponse my operater always try giving is "**** happens",doesn't go over the best. By the looks of some of the other post ,like the one with the truck stuck you might want to have a long talk with your operators.If there not experienced enough to know better,then you need to leave someone in charge experienced to tell them,while you gone.I also know you can't hold there hand all the time and get anything done.But !!!!! You have some nice equipment and expensive besides,but with a few more things like that one it's going to turn into junk pretty fast.They never last long enough the way it is even when you take the best of care of them. I know things happens ,but when it's a everyday thing,things need to change.Plus it's down time that those machines could be making you money.I'm sure i'm not telling you something that you don't already know. Don't take this all to heart,because i know when your working in the mud all the time ,all day long "**** does happen " Good luck:usa
uh oh