As promised, some pics of the going's on for the uMngeni water pipeline here in Pietermaritzburg. The photo's that follow were taken on a 5.8km stretch of the pipeline from a purification plant to the World's View reservoir. The pipes are pretty big, with a diameter of between 1m and 1.2m, and some 10 or more metres long, depending. Equipment on site included: 2xVolvo BL61 Backhoe loaders 1xVolvo EC210B Excavator 1xDoosan Mega 250V Payloader 1xVolvo EC420B Excavator 1xDoosan Solar 225LCV Excavator 1xCaterpillar 572R Sideboom 1xJohn Deere 265 Tractor with pipe trailer. Pic heavy
Some more
...
I couldn't get any pics of the two Volvo TLB's or the EC210B, as they were working on the trenches, But I did my best to get as much of the equipment as possible.
Don't get bored now... The 1st pic doesn't just show trees. There's something beyond them... Tell me what is there... The next few show the 'jacking' that was performed some time ago, to allow the pipeline to go under the road without digging across it. They are now in the process of laying the pipeline through the concrete sleeve and further along its route.
Here follow some more pics of the Doosan Solar225LCV just for DoosanFan...
More coming soon...
what's that on the doosan's boom cylinders?
Nice pics. I think that those are cylinder sleeves. I think they are mainly put on the machines for sea journeys, to keep the saltwater off the pins, to avoid rust and what not, but I'm not all together sure.
great pics cant wait to see more btw the picture in the trees in the background is the volvo bl and i think theres the other below it.
Really? I thought it was the EC210...?