Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Undercarriage after-market or original?

posthoorn ยท 2011-01-18 13:51

Hello, does anybody have experiance with after-market undercarriage. who is using original and who after-market? what brand ** undercarriage is a good alternative? (Rotar,ITM,ITR,DCF,V-track or Linser) let me know your experiance Regards,

Replies6
  1. #1Greg2011-01-18 14:36

    been buying Berco here and doing pretty good with it.

  2. #2PD Mech Steve2011-01-20 13:48

    We deal with ITM and V-Track. Have only had 1 issue of a cracked shoe in the past 4-5 yrs. Price is usually much more competitive too. Visit us on the web at: www.pdmechanical.com

  3. #3QuickTrax2011-01-20 20:54

    It depends what size of machine you have. That would determine what I would suggest you putting on it. I have had dealings with many different brands of undercarriage and I have found some that I couldn't put my name behind and others that I would definitely recommend. V-Track, ITR, DCF are all Korean and are priced just about the same. DCF is a bit higher when it comes to price. The ITM, Rotor, and Berco are all Italian made and all come with a high price tag. Berco has the highest price. I read where Berco has plants opening in China and Korea. I have never heard of Linser. Keep in mind, Caterpillar bought the Jinsung factory in Korea. Jinsung made aftermarket rollers and idlers for years and now they are making products for Cat. What machine are you working on??? I hope this helps some. Thanks, Quick Trax

  4. #4cb752011-01-20 22:40

    We put a DCF u/c on a 750C John Deere dozer and within 250 hrs, 2 bottom rollers split in half, within another 500 hrs, 3 more did the same. We have had decent luck with Berco and ITM. The last estimate I got for chains on a 973C, Cat actually had a better price than we got for Berco.

  5. #5DK882011-01-20 22:48

    We have a berco faculity in our shop and do prolly 2 to 3 undercarrages a week on average and have very very few issues. highly reccomend. lots of units come in with itr, rotar ect and customers complain of poor quality in seals and bronze bushings compared to berco on there other units. one customer has a pair of d6 lgp's one with berco one with rotar u/c and berco at 70% and rotar bushings/pins are worn thru severly. also the sprockets are very soft. you get what you pay for..

  6. #6posthoorn2011-01-21 14:18

    iam working on komatsu excavator yes indeed you get what you pay for. but its depending a lot of how long you work with the first pair of shoes. if you can do 6000 or 7000 hours and then you buy a cheap set of shoe and you sell the machine with 8000 or 9000 hours or you run more then 15000 hours then you choose to buy two times a pair of quality shoes. for a bulldozer with many travelling hours i prefer quality shoes, for a excavator (depending on type of work) i would consider to buy after market. most important thing is to accept when you buy cheap the quality is less, so the working hours before repair is also lower.