I'm replacing the tracks on my 277B. I already know to check for bent axles and wore bearing but my real question is with the bogies. The factory bogies have chunked out rubber. Can I not change these? If I do can anyone explain to me why I have to? Is it because they'll eat at the new tracks, or because they're wore and it'll mess with the track adjustment?
The chunks in the rubber will not hurt your tracks and they do not need to be changed unless the front and rear are affecting the track tension to where you can't tension the track. The lugs run on the hard plastic rim all day anyway without hurting anything so a bogie without any rubber on it will not harm anything. This is how a guy at ASV explained it to me when I was at the dealer at the same time as he was.
Check the clearance between the track drive lugs and the undercarriage rails. I have a 247B and I think that I read somewhere that if the rear rollers wear too far the drive lugs will contact the rail and tear off. Then you'll need to buy new rollers and a bunch of Bair Larry Lugs.
Anyone know of an Asv dealer in either Nevada or Arizona that I can get rollers from?