Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

undercarriage parts td20c

dirtwaterfox ยท 2015-07-20 21:43

needing some help from yall bulldozer techs, attempting to keep an old dozer working on the farm, just a hobby, but I really like doing it. Tried a lot of the website parts stores, they have tried to help me, once I tell them what I have, I get a lot of sorrys, can't help you. I have a dresser td20c, serial # 25835, when I bought it undercarriage badly worn, but it has rebuilt engine & trans, hate to put it out to pasture, looking for rails, 6 bottom rollers & drive sprocket for one side, been told it has 7.5 inch pitch, other side will probably last me some years, only put less than 100 hrs on a year. Have been told if I find the right parts person, might find another make to fit this machine. Any help would be appreciated

Replies3
  1. #1Wilson8922015-07-22 19:02

    Try the redpowermagazine.com construction forum, may be able to help you out as they are strictly IH.. John

  2. #2td25c2015-07-22 20:56

    Had similar issues getting undercarriage parts for my Fiat / Allis 16 B . Either got a quick slam of the phone on the other end or if they had the parts thought they were gold . Ok ..... What the heck . Converted bottom rollers over to Cat D7G . HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3lantraxco2015-07-22 22:50

    measure pin center to pin center, get a rough measurement. I'm seeing indications that the "C" model came with either 7.5 or 8.5 pitch tracks. Either way for a few hours a year you should be able to find some used takeoff bits from an old CAT that you can make work.