Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Undercarriage replacement – Komatsu PC60-6

big builder ยท 2020-11-22 19:23

Good Afternoon, I wanted to thank everyone again for all the help earlier this summer with other issues I had with my ole Komatsu. I am happy to report that it carried on at our island project all summer and the wing motor seals, swing brake bypass and the repaired swing brake solenoid all held up so far. Another week or so and the snow will force me to bring the machine back home. I have noticed a few things I will have to address. One being the undercarriage needs to be fixed. The chains are really worn and it doesnt stay on the rollers well when I move . I have not replaced undercarriage on an excavator before so I need some advice. - I assume I replace all the nuts and bolts as well? - The chains are clearly out of it. -How do I diagnose any other parts that need replacing. Rollers, etc. Thank you for any advice.

Replies1
  1. #1John C.2020-11-22 23:04

    Post a photo of the following; sprocket teeth, roller flanges where they go over the pin bosses on the chains, the front idler support blocks sticking out past the ends of the track frames. Also take a photo of the chain joints as they bend over the front idlers.