what should complete undercarriage cost on a 650H LT. Deere wanted 14,000. That sounds way to high. I was thanking after market maybe around six or seven thousand for parts. Any body know or who to get after market parts from would help. Thanks alot.
I don't know if Berco makes parts for deere's or not, might try 'em. I just spent $28,000 on one of ours and I didn't put idlers on.
Deere use to use Berco,don't know about now. For prices might be try here.......... http://www.gracetrackservice.com/ Since steel price have gone up, so as the cost of undercarriage.This summer i just reshelled my bottom rollers,sprockets, and got some rebuilt/used idlers D6R an it ran about $7000. Iron prices here are running $200 a ton for junk iron! Good luck:usa
It sounds a bit high for the size of the machine, but if you are replacing everything including rollers, idlers and sprockets, it's probably in the ball park. Beat on dealer PSR guy and see if he can't give you some discount. Good Luck!
Check with your nearest Cat dealer for his Cat Nexus brand Undercarriage for Non Cat Machines. He should be very competitive.
That doesn't sound like that bad of price for a full undercarriage. Does that include labor to install or is that just the parts?
I believe they still do use berco. And that does sound a little high. That should include labor.. Like sufer-joe said check with your CSA or whatever that dealership calls them and see what he can work out. I would use a cat undercarriage or system one on a deere. Also if you want a undercarriage that will really last try the Sc-2. Its a little bit more costly but will be worth it if you plan on keeping this dozer. How long have you had it and how many hours? I am new to this forum and will try to helpout whenever possible. Deereman
Sorry, I wouldn't use the cat undercarriage!
I am trying to buy this machine but the undercarriage is shot. It is a 2004 cab air, rippers, sweeps for $55,000 and has 2754 hours on it and it has been in the granite. I got a price from Houston Tx. on complete undercarriage delivered to my house for 8,600 including sprockets, rollers, idlers, 20" pads the whole nine yards. I don't know what brand it is though. $14,000 does include labor from Deere. Grace track is going to call me back tomorrow.
That sounds like a good deal on a complete u/c. And if you want to save a few $$ you can put the u/c on yourself. If you have the right tools you can put it on by yourself in 1 to 3 days at tops. With the track frame being unitized it can come off on both sides and you can flip them and and change out all the rollers quick. And if some need drilled out or heated up also. A good deere dealer should be able to do it in a day & half or quicker if not busy.. Also not a bad price on the machine. You will like the resale of these machines also:notworthy Very good The only thing I know to keep an eye out for is travel sensor's. Cheep & easy to replace. Usually around 4,000 hours. Don't let that scare you. Just figured I would be honest with you. Overall a very reliable machine.. Justin
I have plans on putting it on my self. I figured I could do it in a day or day and half with one of my guys. I have all the tools and impacts every thing to do it. I broke a rail on my d4g today with only 2637 hrs. on the machine. I broke the other side about two months ago. I though they should have lasted longer than that. There is hardly any wear on the bushings and the teeth on the final are still square.The machine is mostly in dirt very little rocks.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Deereman! :drinkup Where bouts in Georgia are ya from?
Thanks, U can usually find me anywhere between Gainesville(hall county) and Dillard(Rabun). I live in Rabun Gap. And U? Woodstock, how do you like it compaired to the D4G(have u gotten to run a 650 before) If not you will like the extra power and easy of service.
I would buy the best undercarriage you can afford. We have used (aftermarket) ITM before on a D6R and it didn't last half as long as CAT undercarriage. The rollers and idlers held up pretty well but the rails were junk, dry links and squeaking in under 1000 hrs. One other thing is that the cheaper ITM was not nearly as beefy as the cat undercarriage, so you get what you pay for. This was about 3 years ago so things may have changed but we aren't going that route again. We now only use OEM on the undercarriage. I believe the CASE dozer I own uses Berco and there have been no issues with it so far. Whether or not OEM berco and aftermarket Berco are the same product, I don't know.
I'm about 15 miles from Macon. Jones County to be exact. :drinkup
On the $8,600 after market parts that was with salt rails, not the dry pins and bushings. The company was name alliance heavy equipment parts and service. It was $5,300 for salt rails and 20" pads, $183 for two carrier roller, $1570 for 12 bottom rollers, $325 for two sprockets, and 1,200 for both front idlers. I ran a 650J over the weekend and it had good power, but the four seams to have a little better traction. But also on the four I have the long undercarriage with seven bottom rollers.
10-4. Never been there. The company I used to work for just built a new shop nearby in grovetown(Metrac)Sorry to highjack the post. Just keep us inform'd and let us know how you turn out.
The Ol' Lady used to work at the Metrac in Macon. Nice little benefit to myself when buying stuff . Great people over there.
In comparing the Deere your looking at with shot undercarriage there isn't much difference in the hours of it and you Cat. Not sure why rails have broke.I have never had a rail brake on any of my machines,with some going as high as 6000 hr use on the tracks. Good luck:usa
Berco makes Deere's undercarriage. Just be careful when purchasing aftermarket undercarriage such as ITM, they make a decent undercarriage made in Italy and a poor undercarriage made in Korea. I have seen the Korean (V-Trak) rollers leak before a machine left our shop. Of course, supplier made it right on the parts but it did not pay for the labor to remove and replace a "new" component. I have a customer that purchased undercarriage from a large aftermarket vender in the SC area that has had 3 sets of track chains replaced with less than 800 hours on a 550H dozer. Just be careful in what you decide to purchase and remember you pay for what you get.
I will more than likely go with berco. I am waiting on another quote. The other quotes I got I didn't ask what brand they were. That was before I bought the dozer. I own it know and I know I can do it cheaper than $14,000.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Deere2007! :drinkup
nice dozer
Woodstock, Keep us informed about your undercarriage search I am going to need one for my dozer this summer and I am north of Houston.
Better Price I sell several brands of undercarriage. For the 650H we usually go 18" pads and 38 Link Sealed and lubed HD rails. Used to only sell Berco but I have found the quality is dropping and price is high. Let me know and I will send a quote, no freight 3YR 4600HR warranty. Since the 650GHJ is the most popular dozer in my area we are able to get competitve prices. Thanks!
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums NortraxBoy! :drinkup
U have basically three choices china/korea crap itm and berco berco is higher but i have seen very good wear on itm i feel its the best value [email protected] give me a shout
Where are the ITM track parts made??????:usa
I was told they were made in Brazil.
ITM parts ITM undercarriage is made in italy email me at [email protected] if you want .
Is there a good source for the wear limit measurements for late model (like the 650H) dozers? I'm looking for the measurements for D5G XL
Hey Im posting here for the first time to get through my probationary period but I just priced all Berco for my 650 H minus idlers for 6,800.