Hello, I’m visiting my dad in New Mexico, who lives on a ranch and fixes his own stuff. Ok, he asked me to put this bolt with spring back and he could do it if he was strong enough. After many attempts, cuts and scrapes I can’t get it in either. Please do not kill me for this question, but do we even need this spring, cause without the spring we can put the bolt back.
Oh’ my. What are you working on? Is that the oil pump pressure regulator? I think you’ll trash your engine if you leave that spring out. What are you ranching in NM? Have any cows? What are their names?
With out that spring you will not have any oil pressure do not try it.
Coadust and Tyler, I appreciate you both for your help. And we just call it the ranch. He has one horse, dogs and 9 acres waiting for me to move out here to help him. He has a Thomas Protough 2200
Coaldust
Kinda of makes me wonder what other parts may be missing? I think your best bet would be to find an equipment mechanic to come out and help you. It might cost a bit but it will likely save you much more.
Yeah, the plunger might be laying in the rhubarb.
That’s a Kubota V3300. It will have a ball and not a plunger.
What did your Dad name the horse? You should consider getting a cow. Maybe some rabbits.
Wow! Yup, we’ll need to have someone come out
Assuming you have the parts to put it back together correctly. I'd use a socket and an extension, then a prybar or wedge to get that held close to start the threads. If the socket is too deep to hold the threads out to engage, then put another nut or spacers inside the socket to hold that fitting to the end. Start those threads by hand, only use the leverage to help hold it in place, so you don't cross thread it.
I have all three of the 2200 manuals if you need them. Unfortunately that cap and spring assembly doesn't seem to be in the parts manual.
Thank you Delmar I actually tried that yesterday with the socket because it was too deep, but now we’re thinking we should let someone who is a professional have a look at it and fix it so we don’t make things worse!
And Tinkerer thank you so much for the offer, you all or so awesome!
Here's a picture of what you're looking for, does not look like a ball so maybe it's still up in the hole. #030 From here-----> https://www.scribd.com/document/442208302/Kubota-V3300-Engine-Part-List-2007-pdf If the valve is still in the hole, you need something in the socket holding the plug out far enough to have some threads showing. Why did your father take this apart? No offense, but if he can't figure out how to get it back in he probably should not be playing mechanic. Joe H
Probably leaking, huh?