A employee quit about 6 years ago . He turned in his uniforms . The company has several employees but only two work in a shop and have uniforms . Some how they found out they had been steal paying for the last 6 years for the ex employees uniforms . They have 4 stores and get i know rugs and i think dust mops for them. The rental company said they are not going to refund any of the money.
Most outfits are happy to take the money. When you catch them on a mistake like that its near impossible to get a refund. In our busy days we missed being charged for rental on an extra bulk pack of oxygen for the shop,it went on for about 4 years to the tune of 4500$.It took time to prove it to them thru my wifes well kept records and they offered us a couple of full Acetylenes as compensation.Even thier delivery driver who had looked after our account throughout that time verified that we were right.My offer to them was to split the value of the error and we would take the amount in product ,which they would still recover profit from. Theres no reasoning with the headless monsters out there.
It seems like every big outfit I’ve been at were paying for bottles long lost or stolen. Bottles are the hardest thing to keep track of. The AP dept, just keeps writing the check and the shop keeps ordering bottles
Here in Australia, the big gas companies now track the individual bottles using barcodes. If you try to return an empty and it doesn't show as belonging to you or your company account, they won't accept it.
Its wrong but i bet nothing comes out of it. I think i would take them to small claims court.
Not worth the time or the money. How much is the bill - $6-8K?. A lawyer would be 1/2 that before going to court.
Small claims i dont think you need a lawyer? I think its around $5000.00 . I think the company has a Lawyer it would steal cost . Another time someone gets away with something.
Just curious, did anyone from the company cancel the former employee's account?
I think I just saw a sales pitch!