Any other independent guys use a uniform service? I've been thinking about doing it for uniforms and rags. What's it tend to run for one guy? How do you handle pick up?
I do it is about 25 a week I have a long drivr way so I just put them out next to my pick up on the day they come get them then they just put them in my pickup im thinking about getting a small jobox and using that I don't get rags
I get mine through a customer/friend, I just piggyback onto his contract. His 2 guys and me was way cheaper per person than 1 or 2 people per stop. My 13 sets (6 days/wk) is $48/month. He gets rags but I don't know what they cost.
be careful and watch your uniform count and bill's very closely they a notorious for slipping extra charges in you can buy the uniforms and wash them your self with a lot less headaches in an old washing machine in the shop
I like to use: http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/Uniforms/work-clothing.html Good quality clothing and coveralls...and they do the monogramming also, for that professional look. At $100/month for uniform service, break even on half a dozen coveralls, (insulated, long sleeve, and short sleeve) is UNDER six month, and if you include a cheap washer dryer at the shop, I bet a six month payback is about right. It takes me about two to three years to cycle through coveralls, but if you replace them as individual items wears out, the cost impact is minimal, at $35 with company logo and name per long sleeve jumpsuit. Disclaimer: my ex-wife is an inhouse salesperson for Dickies. Howard
I have been with the same uniform company now for the past 8 years and they have treated me very well...my shop is pretty far off the beaten path, but regardless of weather they still come every Thursday. It has always cost me about 30 bucks a week to have six days of work clothes and plenty of good shop rags (not a bunch of old jean pantlegs or cutoff sleeves). I would not mind washing my own work clothes (sometimes) but I would never attempt to send the shop rags through a conventional washing machine after they were used to wipe metal fragments and grease out of a final drive, or swab out a diff housing that had "cooked" gear oil. Regards, Bob
I have a decent amount of uniforms built up from a few old jobs, I think I may just buy a few more shirts and pants, then just go to the laundrymat every 2 weeks or so. Been ordering rags in bulk online so I've just been tossing them. Thanks for the link hetkind! I love red kap stuff and their prices are really good
and here is a discount code for dickies...Use Code DICKIES15 at checkout, at this URL: http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/U...4953ad5c398ec53265bc4755d81424b3df069dbc0bc9c and if I am violating a forum rule, my apology. Howard