Hey guys, I have an interview coming up for the local 4 apprentice program. 180 applicants and are only gonna take 30-40. I want to be one of those people. So I really need to ace the interview. A friend of mine already took his interview and he said a question I need to have a good answer to is "how do you feel about saftey?". I've been thinking and can't come up with an intelligent response. I don't want to say something stupid like "yeah, safety is good". anyone have any tips or advice on this question and the interview in general? I do have my osha 10 Card if that helps. Thanks!
I'd suggest telling them about an occasion where safety became personal to you, e.g. something you've seen or experienced, or something that's happened to a friend or relative. They need to believe that you have genuinely thought about safety, and you're not just ticking their box for them. And if you aren't genuine about safety, you're aiming for the wrong profession.
i think that's a good idea. Safety is important to me. Im just not good at wording things. haha