Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Universal or aftermarket air cleaners for heavy equipment?

fastline ยท 2012-04-09 15:47

We have an old D7E dozer in need of an entire cleaner assembly replacement. CAT is over 2 grand for a replacement due to age so we would like to custom fit something else on it. At this point willing to chop, alter, weld, etc to get this going. Machine runs a 14L engine at about 1100RPM. I am not sure if a typical two stage filter system will get it done without some special designs due to all the dirt they are exposed to. I am told later models just have a two stage barrel system. I have looked at Donaldson but still not able to reach anyone there the share info on what to shop for. I might be able to use another CAT system or a universal system made for construction equipment. Looking for ideas or manufacturer leads.

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2012-04-09 16:58

    Would it not be possible to find an original housing in better condition than yours in a machine breaker somewhere..? What's the Serial Number prefix of your machine..?

  2. #2fastline2012-04-09 17:07

    48A. I have been checking with yards for weeks and nothing is popping up other than stuff that is rotted like ours is. I really need that machine running and kind of sucks to see it sitting over an air can we cannot find.