Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Universal Tractors

rditz ยท 2013-08-29 11:26

Does anyone have any knowledge of Universal brand of tractors?? I am looking for a 4wd tractor with loader and have stumbled across several of these tractors and they are reasonably priced.. but I don't want to buy one if they are known to be troublesome. thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Dom2013-08-29 11:54

    I think they use ford components. There are a few in my area, and they seemed to stand the test of time. I would go with something a bit more main brand just to make sure you can still get parts.

  2. #2rditz2013-08-29 12:04

    Thanks for the input Dom.

  3. #3Delmer2013-08-29 22:31

    If you're talking about the Romanian built ones, they are fine for what they are, a small defunct low tech tractor manufacturer. I have limited experience with 30 year old ones (rebranded as Long, Allis, Hesston...) From what I gather some models are excellent, and some are dogs. In that era, ALL 4wd were junk. Maybe not that different from an old import sold by Deere or IH? I don't know.

  4. #4yanmarman2014-04-07 07:06

    stay away from these tractors

  5. #5AlexWoods2014-05-11 14:48

    I own a u 445 tractor. it's very easy to repair and cheap to run