Hi, i was wondering if anyone can help me identify the circled part on the hydraulic pump below. Its from a caterpillar 215D Excavator. Cheers
It controls the main pump flow when a hammer is used. What's the problem?
ah right, I was just comparing it with my own 215 which doesnt have it installed. Much appreciated. If i were to add a quick-hitch to the machine, can that part be used for the oil supply? John.
No. That's got nothing to do with a quick hitch. The easiest way would be to tee into one of the main pressure test points which are the two rubber caps, centre-left and right in your photo.
Yep. That is where I will be installing one on a new machine in a couple of hours.
Thanks Cmark. By the way, im also looking for a guage to test the main pressure. would you have any idea of the guage i need for that? Thanks John
You won't find much earthmoving equipment that goes above about 5000psi on the hydraulics (sorry, I don't work in kPa ) and most of it will be around the 3-3500psi mark. So for occasional use and quick and dirty checks, any cheap gauge in this range, plus suitable hose and connector will do. Try Pirtek or somewhere like that. Cat part number 8T0861 gives you an 8700 psi bottom entry (Oo-err) gauge. For cat test points, the connector is part number 6V4143 (with an 1/8"NPT thread for your hose. Other threads are available. God bless the cat parts system :notworthy)
Amen to that brother ....... don't know what I'd do without it.
Hi have a 215D, that part circled,, mine is leaking between it and pump. New seal maybe? I don't have a hammer on it, pervious owner may have, can it be removed or is the plate to expensive to fool with or seal be best? Thanks