Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Unlock brakes on 289d

Papalote · 2023-09-18 14:40

I have a 289D that is not running and I need to move it. Any ideas? TAW03183 thanks in advance.

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2023-09-18 15:56

    The parking brake requires hydraulic pressure to release. The options are: - Remove the drive chains. Drag it. Lift it.

  2. #2Papalote2023-09-18 17:16

    That’s pretty much what I thought. Was hoping someone might have a trick. Thanks for the response

  3. #3Tyler d4c2023-09-18 17:23

    Take the bolts out of the sprockets and let them spin

  4. #4ozarkag2023-09-18 18:53

    Cat has planetary reduction final drive, right? Simply remove outer cover on final and remove either planetary gear set and / or sun gear( center drive shaft)

  5. #5Junkyard2023-09-18 19:08

    Removing the final drive gears is the easiest way and it makes you change the oil that never gets changed lol.

  6. #6Nige2023-09-19 10:29

    My bad. It was posted in the SSL section and straight away skid steer came to my mind - don't ask me why. Of course the 289D is a CTL so yes you can pull the gears in the final drive planetaries.