Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Unlock problem 773F

Old Doug ยท 2019-09-06 21:49

My buddy has a Bobcat 773F that will unlock the drive but not the HYD . I went and looked at it moveing wires around to see if i could see any thing going on. I put the seat/cage back down and now its working.

Replies9
  1. #1Michael Foye2019-09-08 12:22

    Definitely sounds like a safety switch issue. Look for the seat switch and any loose ground wires also could be a selenoid as well. Check the lift and tilt selenoids with a multimeter set to ohms. They should read a minimum of 4 ohms but it sounds like a loose wire deal.

  2. #2Old Doug2019-09-08 13:28

    He used it for about a hour with no problem. If it was the safety switch would the brake unlock and not the HYDs? When it quits agin i will check the wireing more.

  3. #3Old Doug2019-11-17 10:34

    He has been haveing trouble with it. He used it about 2 hours and it worked. The next time he drove it about 300 feet then the hyd wouldnt work he drove it back to the shop and later started it and it was ok. He loaded it and hauled it to do a small job. He got it unloaded and it stopped working. I plan on looking at it this week.This thing is a pain to work on because of haveing to have the cage up to work on it.

  4. #4Old Doug2019-11-21 19:10

    I went and looked at it today it was working we messed with it for about a hour then the arms would go up and down but if you touched the tilt lever it would lock up the hyds until it was shut off then you could do it agin. When it locks up the light beside the seat back would go out and the light on the right of the left lever would blink.Then after doing this for awkile it stopped unlocking the hyds altogether. It seems to start working agin after it has set for several day.

  5. #5BC873G2019-11-22 11:19

    Old Doug, does the machine have hand controls for the lift and tilt?

  6. #6Old Doug2019-11-22 18:29

    Yes it has hand controls only.

  7. #7Old Doug2020-02-18 20:03

    I hope to go look at it agin this week. After alot of searching for a answer it looks like people have this problem and never get it flxed even after spending several thousand dollar. If it was mine i would build some manual foot controls. I like my old case better every time i look at a newer machines.

  8. #8Old Doug2020-03-20 19:18

    I think i am geting some were. When i looked at it last time the loader wouldnt unlock but the drive would thats how i found it today. I took a screw driver and pryed the hyd spools out. I started it and it unlocked . We were going to take it out side and use it but buy acident i re started it and pushed the unlock button before i put the lap bar down when i did put it down the hyd wouldnt unlock so i pryed the spools out and tryed it agin it worked. I then repeted the lap bar up button push then bar down button push it wouldnt unlock. So i just pryed the bottom one out it wouldnt unlock i then pryed the top one it then unlocked. What is going on is it retaining hyd presser it surely would have leaked down its been setitng awhile. Is the spool not in the wright place or is it the thing that works the spool in and out?

  9. #9Old Doug2020-05-02 20:38

    I got a new actuater and put it on today its working. I hope it stays working if i ever fill the need to buy a bobcat it will have foot controls or i will put them on it.