Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Unusual excavator

greatdane ยท 2008-10-24 06:24

Take a look at these clips and ejoy the Menzi Muck excavator in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWO6ErnqRr0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELx6rYJWNtg&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxLdavUlZXs&feature=related:

Replies10
  1. #1greatdane2008-10-24 06:38

    Menzi muck homepage Menzi muck homepage http://www.menzimuck.com/index-mm.html

  2. #2PrinothGuy232009-01-10 19:40

    these machines look like they could come in handy in some really awkward places like a side slope

  3. #3guyinthesky2009-01-10 21:16

    BrianHay would be best able to comment on these tight machines... www.spyderhoesolutions.ca I believe is his website, he owns a "sypderhoe" here on Vancouver Island. I have yet to check it out, but I'll be making a trip up to his home base to take a look, seems like an extremely versatile machine to get the job done in those tight spaces.

  4. #4AtlasRob2009-01-11 08:12

    They are an incredible machine, heres a link There are several others as two Brian's on here now, run these machines. Search Brian Hay, and also AllMtnConst

  5. #5BrianHay2009-01-11 12:28

    Great videos! I gotta take some videos of mine one of these days. Here is a link to Kaiser's website http://www.kaiser.li/en/home/ Thanks for the link guyinthesky! Here is a link to the other Brian's website too http://allmountainconstruction.com/home/Welcome.html There are three of us in here, Foster has a Menzi as well.

  6. #6AllMtnConst.2009-01-12 00:18

    Thanks for the link Brian. Sure are incredible machines!

  7. #7laketreefarm2009-01-18 14:32

    Menzi's I have a Menzi 5000T with 3 wheels but just the rear wheel drives, and am looking for a older 4 wheel (either 2 or 4 wheel drive) Menzi. Can anyone tell when they first started producing 4 wheeled machines. Can the older machines be retrofitted with drive motors on the other non-powered wheels? There is supposedly a used Menzi dealer in Florida. Anybody got contact info? Ren Hanix SB-550 Menzi Muck 5000T Komatsu WA-180 2 Schaeff SCL-515's AC 130

  8. #8Super Steve2009-01-29 19:24

    those things are crazy looking... good idea though

  9. #9Speedpup2009-01-31 17:12

    Spider diggers :drinkup

  10. #10Dr. Ernie2009-02-08 02:20

    The importer for Menzi Is in Florda He is a real nice guy to talk with and is sharp as well heck he rembered selling 2 machines to the city of detroit 20+ years ago. They were sold a few months ago for a little bit of nothing, they only had a hand full of hrs on them also. I would have been after one but it is a 3 wheeled contracption, I do alot of work where I need 4 drive wheels. I will be taking a drive to visit him when I get back "north" I currently have a Schaeff... it is a bit slow and feel that I am hindered by its abilities, ie I need more hp. and faster cycle times. also I am not able to run a mower deck on it. I am looking at a upgrade. It is a nice machine balanced machine and is as nice as any thing built by the current imports and does not have a computer ony where. ....It is a real trip to opperate... It puts the opperator back in the seat.