I wanted to let others know that there is a software update available now for the Spectra and Apache (same box) dual control box. The model for the Apache is CB52 I believe. I have been having problems with mine. It processes very slow and then locks up, amid other issues. Apparently they have a software fix available. FYI
Do ypu have any more information on the "fix" ? We have 2 CB30 (spectra), one works like a champ, the other is sluggish and has locked up a couple times..
I should be getting mine back after Thanksgiving. They say works well on the bench. We will see. When I was having problems with my Apache, CAT gave me a Spectra to run and it did the same thing. I am hoping the software changes fixes it. However they told me its not perfect even after the updates, take that for what its worth.
Kaiser> did you get a chance to put your Apache controls to work with the updates? Just wanted to know if the "update" made them work better..
I got the box back. CAT is going to come out and install the box in my new tracked machine. It sounded like that would happen in the next couple of weeks. It would be nice if that Apache control box was like half the size that it is. Trying to find a place to mount that may prove interesting.
We are using "levelbest" dual slope boxblade's and the CB30 is out on the boxblade carriage. We have the dual remote control pendants inside the cab on magnets to the roof, makes benching, offsets and auto control much easier.