Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Upfitter needed

PSDF350 ยท 2010-02-16 16:16

Thinking hard about putting a flatbed on my pick up, any suggestions? Thanks!!

Replies7
  1. #1Will Musser2010-02-16 17:04

    I'd buy a CM bed. The bedes built by J&I are similar, but the quality is not as high. Both are built here in OK.

  2. #2hvy 1ton2010-02-16 20:46

    I can't give any suggestions on upfitters in NH, but i like bradford built and hillsboro flatbeds. Not sure if you'll find bradford built beds out there, but hillsboro doesn't have any dealers in NH. Here is a what google came up with. before i went to google maps i found your post on lts too. http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1... nh&esrch=FT1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

  3. #3Ace2010-02-17 01:20

    I had a Gooseneck brand flatbed on my last truck and was very pleased with it. They seem to be built well and very heavy. The truck I have now has a J&I that was on there when I bought it and I dont like it at all. The receiver hitch they put on them from the factory is just a couple pieces of channel welded together with no structural supports tied into the frame of the bed or the truck so it is very weak. Mine bent pulling a 5000lb tractor on a small tandem trailer so now I'm gonna have to cut it all off and start over. I'm also not pleased with the side rails, they have a lip on the bottom side that catches road grit so they rust and are not very strong. I am always strapping things down to the bed and you can see where my strap hooks have bent the rails. There is a shop in Cordell, OK that makes some pretty nice beds. I have a friend in Texas who has one and I want my next one to come from there. Heres their site http://westernwelding.net/ Also heres a link to the gooseneck brand beds http://www.gooseneck.net/260138.html

  4. #4PSDF3502010-02-17 06:49

    Thanks guys!!

  5. #5bigbob2010-02-19 16:34

    Friend of mine is a landscaper in Barrington, NH. He had Custom Welding out of Nottingham, NH build him some custom flatbeds out of rolled shapes, not sheet metal. A little heavier, but he has used them on 2 chassis cabs so far and is looking to get another chassis cab to swap the bed onto.

  6. #6Willis Bushogin2010-02-19 18:24

    flatbed Check salvage yards what size truck is it what are you going to use it for

  7. #7PSDF3502010-02-19 19:28

    Thanks guys all good ideas. Willis I am and have been gathering fieldstone for 3,500sf of stone boundry and retaining walls I am starting this summer. Figure flatbed would hold more and hold up better. plus was hoping to put a gooseneck hitch on. But now this is on hold I bought a used yamaha grizzly 600 4x4 tonite It's older but seems to be in good condition.