Where can I get trained to become a crane operator... Please, any one with answer?
East Where? Makes a lot of difference.
Union,commercial train school.
Where is union commercial train school?
East Nigeria
Two different things operating engineers union or a commercial training school. To find them you have to look on line
East Nigeria, !! that makes a world of difference for USA and Canada residents trying to advise you. Go to some job-sites and ask the men that are running cranes how they learned.
Ok. Thanks
It doesn't happen overnight. Even if you go to school, you should spend some time working around experienced operators watching and listening how they do things. Lives are at stake when a crane is in operation.
I understand, but I still need the job and experience as it is my wish, Sir?... Any help?, I'll forever appreciate, thanks,
I wouldn't know where to start in Nigeria. I'd pm Evans. I think he's in South Africa. He has several threads in the crane section. He may know more about how things are done in that region then us here in North America and Canada. Other then that get a job around cranes. Most all crane companies need a grunt. Cranes don't wash themselves. If your intelligent, hardworking and capable you'll earn some seat time.
That's just a little south east from where I grew up . Your in the old country andieberry . Like Knepp said get hired on a crew & pretty soon before ya know you will be in the seat pulling levers . Learn it fast & good luck Bro !
Yeah am intelligently capable, and hardworking is my watch word... South Africa is kinda close and its a pretty idea... I just need a place to learn and get paid.... If washing the machine is needed, I can get my hands on it with a smile on my face tho.
Getting hired here in Nigeria is difficult, as it stand there ain't no infrastructural buildings and foreign importation has been suspended.... Seriously, most crane just sit around the dirt, getting rusty
Why do you want to go through the all the work it takes to learn a skill that you won't be able to use ? If there are a lot of cranes sitting around doing nothing there must be operators sitting around waiting for work, it seems to me.
I got millions $$$ waiting on me somewhere in Nigeria...…………...at least that what the email told me. If I could get that I wouldn't need to work in this heat anymore.
That's nice.... I really want to be part of the crane thing. or 777 duck. I'll appreciate valid information from y'all Regards Andy.