Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

USA Attachments

SalmonShark ยท 2008-04-11 10:14

I am looking at getting a rake for my mini-x from these guys and wondering if anyone had any feedback about them. http://www.excavatorthumb.com/raker/stumper1.html I called them up, and they will build a 36" rake to fit my q/c and existing thumb for around 1k. Locally, all I could find was a place that would build one for me, but they wanted 1800 to do it... I feel like a rake would ideal for stacking my brush piles and stuff instead of grabbing dirt with the bucket all the time... Opinions/advice? Thanks, SS

Replies10
  1. #1Willis Bushogin2008-04-11 11:03

    rake Not sure about this company, never dealt with them, I have dealt with Quick Attach, you can find them on eBay and get their website. I bought a grapple for my skidsteer, for the same reason you are talking about. It cuts the dirt down alot. $1000 seems pretty cheap, I would think the $15-$1800 would be a good price google excavator rake and see what that tells you Good Luck

  2. #2JDecker2008-04-11 20:34

    we got a thumb for a 311 cat about a month ago from them we got it with in three days. they did a nice job on it and we have put it to the test. Bangs a little:usa when pinned back. But we were happy with them for the price. we might get a brush rack for our dozer from them.

  3. #3Rockland2008-04-28 13:51

    Hi SalmonShark, USA Attachments is one of my company's competitors. We also make rakes for mini-exs, a little more expensive than USA, but built well to last - http://www.rocklandmfg.com/excavator/excavterake.html Have a great day! Tara Rockland Mfg.

  4. #4Goat2008-04-28 22:26

    Take a look at D and E manufacturing, ASI in Deland, Florida, and PSM on the west coast. USA Attachments are brokered not manufactured. Rockland makes one of the most well engineered, over built, excavator attachments on the market. There is no better thumb and rake manufacturer for the money than Rockland. Just my thoughts...

  5. #5nedly052008-04-29 05:23

    We have a thumb of theirs on our 70SR Kobelco, it's been put through its paces and I can't say too much bad about it, it could use some new pins about now as they are getting loose, and when it is in the stored position, it bangs a bit, for the money they are a good piece, just know it's probably a bit a a quality reduction over say geith or any of the big names.

  6. #6bobcatrg2008-04-30 11:37

    I bought a thumb from them about 8 months ago for my Kubota kx121-3. I have been real pleased with it.

  7. #7xalexjx2008-05-07 22:41

    AIM attachments has some real good stuff, for decent prices too. We have a grade all bucket, and two different thumbs and they've held up pretty good..

  8. #8SouthOnBeach2008-05-07 23:14

    we have several things from USA and have been very happy with them. great customer service too.

  9. #9Nicks2010-05-12 04:16

    Does anyone have an idea whee i can get a backhoe auger attachment?

  10. #10DigDirt2012-09-07 20:16

    GentecEquipment.com We purchased two thumbs from www.gentecequipment.com and we are very happy with them. We got them on e-bay. We have one on a Cat325 and the other Gentec Thumb is on a Case 580