Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

USA>Mexico>Belize

cderekbower ยท 2009-04-22 03:46

I want to get an excavator down to Belize. I may be able to settle for one that is only 8'6" wide. What kind of difficulties can I expect at 8' 6'' width? Will it be much more expensive and problematic if my excavator is larger?

Replies2
  1. #1quantum5002009-04-22 22:20

    I've seen bigger down there. They are gonna really nail you for duties when you cross the border. If you could get a boat ride in you may be able to bypass the duties and a lot of the BS going on in mexico.

  2. #2cderekbower2009-04-25 00:19

    Thanks for the advice. I just want to pay a shipper to do this for me. I hope to avoid all of the BS whether it is by using a cargo ship or taking it over land. I just want the cheapest solution. A friend of mine ships to Belize from Tampa even though he lives in Jacksonville. I have no problem with using a cargo ship if it won't cost more.