I am in the market for a used backhoe, mainly for tree/stump clearing and family farm use. I keep finding ones(2008-2010) that meet my needs and they have 7000+ hours. In the backhoe world is this a lot? I understand it depends a lot on the maintenance schedule kept on the machine and how hard it was used. Just would like to get an idea. Thanks.
If you plan on servicing and fixing the machine yourself, you may be better off with an older, low hour (below 5000) machine.
I think it depends on its history. the machine I used a while back to move my water tank had 12k hours and it looked new and super nice compared to mine with 5k. My opinion? stay away from new paint jobs and super clean machines. 7k hours is midpoint for total hours (my opinion) and the gremlins getting a hold of it. With newer electronics invading these machines around those years you mention, they start to get quirky. How handy are you? can you tackle fixes with a service manual and a six pack? bottom line no one can really tell 100% if a machine is solid or if something is amiss internaly. My .02
I agree if a machine isn't beat up there's a lot of life left after 7,000 hrs.