Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

used bobcat 331

ctkiteboarding ยท 2007-05-05 16:33

im looking for a mini ,,,, their is a 1996 bobcat 331 locally with 3k hrs,, its a 2 owner machine,,, needs some bushing on the bucket but other wise good shape ,, no thumb ,,but has the plumbing ,, 9 grand he wants?? anyone have experience with this machine or mini's in this class? R:usa

Replies5
  1. #1iceberg2102007-05-05 18:45

    From what I've heard and know about Bobcat minis are that they are some of the best in the buisness, never heard a complaint and seem to be great machines. I've got a Takeuchi TB125 that I've been very happy with and have run a Scat Trak (now Volvo) that was also an excellent machine.

  2. #2jimsbcs2007-05-16 05:48

    Sounds like a fair price. I'm guessing at that price it doesn't have a cab, just canopy ? I've ran a couple of 331,s one was a 331E. very nice machines. I prefer the 341 better though, 331 feels a little to light to me. got a little tippy while fully extended. All depends on what you are going to use it for. Jim

  3. #3CM19952007-05-16 08:34

    I have a 2000 334 mini-hoe with 2500 hrs and haven't had any problems with it. I bought it new and like most small equipment has not had the best life compared to the big stuff - many different operators. If the machine is in good shape I think $9k is a fair price. You can get the same per hour as a new one.

  4. #4fhdesign2007-05-16 21:12

    Being that we're from the same area I can say the price is right, if it's in good shape. I spent a lot of time looking at minis this winter and the Bobcat's equipment and dealer looked pretty good. The 331 looked like a nice machine, maybe a little short on reach, but otherwise nice.

  5. #5RubberTracks2007-05-21 10:54

    Let me know when you need replacement tracks :waving