Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Used Case backhoe parts Ontario

Ramman123 · 2018-07-03 16:01

Hi Gents Who is wrecking case backhoes in Ontario ? Man I can't find any salvagers. I need a stabilizer cylinder for a 480B Thanks very much !

Replies7
  1. #1Funny farm2018-07-04 12:54

    Did u try fawcetts near London or Lindsay tractor wreckers near Lindsay.

  2. #2Ramman1232018-07-04 13:14

    Hi I'm waitingt for a call back from Lindsay tractor now. I called fawcett and they told me they had one. I called back to set a time to go get it ( 2 1/2 hrs away) And they told me they never had one ? I don't know if it was a different fella that just didn't want to go look for it or what ? But I'm not impressed. Hopefully soom good news from Lindsay it's only 1 hr 15 mins away. Any other places I could call ? Thanks

  3. #3Tinkerer2018-07-04 18:07

    I'm curious as to why you need the entire cylinder. Can't the old one be rebuilt ?

  4. #4Ramman1232018-07-04 18:21

    Tube is bent.

  5. #5Tinkerer2018-07-04 18:33

    Replacing tubes is a common repair at a competent hydraulic shop. Here is a link to a new one. ----> https://www.brokentractor.com/p/case-backhoe-stabilizer-cylinder-1340827c1-1340827c1/

  6. #6Ramman1232018-07-04 18:50

    Thanks I would not have thought that the tube would be a replaceable part . We have a hydraulic shop locally I will inquire about it tomorrow.

  7. #7Funny farm2018-07-04 22:10

    Those r the only ones I’m aware of but I’m sure there are more. Fawcetts were good when I ordered parts but have never bought salvage parts there. Never delt with Lindsay so cannot say good or bad there. I have worked at a couple machining shops ( as their welder ) and fabrication shops and can vouch for barrels being replaced tho. U just cut the ends off in a lathe. Bevel the cuts. Machine a piece of seamless pipe inside for the proper bore size. Drill holes and weld fittings in them, bevel the ends of the new barrel and weld the ends on square and true. I have welded more than one together myself over the years. Both loader lift cyls in my old 580ck has had the barrels replaced. ( by a previous owner). If u live in the quintie area I can point u towards machine shops that can make one and I might now a welder that’s able to stick it back together lol. But any good fab/machining shop should have no issue.