Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Used Fuel Tank Underground

mpatterson557 ยท 2011-09-07 10:39

I know this is slightly off topic, but here it is. Does anyone know where to find used underground fuel tanks? Where should I start looking? Or Suggestions for the following: Need 22000 to 50000 Gallon water storage capacity underground. only have about 6000 to 10000 for the tank or tanks.

Replies5
  1. #1monkey2011-09-07 14:19

    I would guess you are looking for something like this? think it's 10,000 gallons, fiberglass. Where to purchase them, I don't really know, I got this one free, just to get it out of a guys yard I use it to run the sprinklers on my race track. It was a much cheaper than putting in a large enough well to supply the necessary volume and pressure of water needed for the sprinkler heads. I just fill the tank up using a the same well that my home uses....it takes about 30 hours to fill it you planning on water storage for fire suppression ??

  2. #2mpatterson5572011-09-07 14:52

    yes do you know where more are available

  3. #3monkey2011-09-07 15:28

    don't know, maybe watch Iron Planet here's a tank that went for 3700.00 42'x8' on wheels the cheapest route is going to be if you can be somewhat creative....to buy new is going to be pretty expensive looks like maybe 6-7000 dollars for new 10,000 gallon fiberglass tanks.....couldn't find many on-line prices to really get a better idea

  4. #4stock2011-09-08 03:35

    what would a cast in-situ tank cost?.....................

  5. #5Turbo218352011-09-08 05:35

    You are going to have a difficult time finding a used fuel tank. I work with them all the time, and if we are digging one up, it is because it leaked, or is close to leaking. The project specifications usually state we have to dispose of a tank properly. In the case of a steel tank, we vent the tank, then cut a hole in it, once it is cleaned it goes to the scrap yard. In the case of a fiberglass tank, it is vented, cut, cleaned and sent to a landfill.