Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Used Hooklift Units

farious ยท 2008-10-01 21:47

Does anyone know where I could go to find a used hooklift unit? I don't need any containers or the cab & chassis, just the hooklift itself, a hydraulic pump and the miscellaneous accessories needed for installation (lights, fenders, etc.). I am in northwestern NJ and am looking for a unit to fit onto a single axle truck (I have my eye on a 1998 Ford F800 cab & chassis that's for sale locally). I did find one on Craigslist, but the person who listed it isn't returning phone calls or emails. Are there any other online places to look, or does someone know of a shop that sells these things used? I won't need installation, as I'll do that myself.

Replies15
  1. #1LowBoy2008-10-02 05:13

    Atlantic Sales and Service, East Brunswick, NJ. Another big dealer in Trenton, but I don't have the info. for them on hand. I Googled "used roll-off container trucks" and came across a ton of them east of the Mighty Muddy.

  2. #2farious2008-10-02 21:03

    Hook Lift I called them today, and they said that they don't sell used hooklift units, but do sell trucks with hooklifts on them. I don't want a truck - I already have a cab & chassis - I just need the hooklift itself.

  3. #3dexter2009-03-23 21:10

    i have one a 160 ampliroll call me 434-996-8068

  4. #4farious2009-03-23 21:32

    I've purchased a dump truck in the meantime, but I'm always looking for a good deal. Unfortunately, I was looking for something to fit on a single axle chassis in the 33k lb. range for a 10 yard or so box. That unit looks a bit big.

  5. #5dieselnut2009-03-24 20:59

    Give Truck Paper a try if you havent already. http://www.truckpaper.com/

  6. #6farious2009-03-24 21:10

    truckpaper.com Yeah, I tried that, along with a bunch of other sites. I ended up finding a truck about a mile down the road from my house in the end, though. I won't be in the market for a hooklift for a few months, most likely. I now have a Ford F800 dump and I want to sell that and upgrade to a hooklift unit, but I can't make the jump because I'm using the dump to move my JD 310 backhoe around and I can't risk not having a working truck.

  7. #7dieselnut2009-03-24 21:23

    I got it. Went back and read your last post and you said you already purchased something. Best of luck with it an hope it will work out for you.

  8. #8dexter2009-03-24 22:57

    american waste digest has a lot of used hooklift it is a magazine i do not have a # for it

  9. #9ashcanic2009-06-06 18:39

    2002 hooklift truck 2008 american hooklift system i have for sale a 2002 international 4300 with an american hooklift systen=m 20,000 lbs 54 '' hook height call for all spec truck run everday

  10. #10ashcanic2009-06-06 18:41

    opps my phone ## is 2677186676 ashlen

  11. #11farious2009-06-06 22:46

    Hooklift I was looking for a hooklift unit back in 2008. In the meantime, I bought a Ford F800 dump truck, and then yesterday, literally yesterday, I just purchased an IH truck with an Ampirol 100L 54" hook height. So I don't need a hooklift anymore - sorry. However, I *am* in the market for containers for that truck. Do you have any of those?

  12. #12SullivanSeptic2011-02-22 10:13

    Do you still have this for sale?

  13. #13hss2011-02-23 00:59

    i am interested in your 2002 ih 4300 hook. could you send me some info please.

  14. #14hss2011-02-23 01:03

    send me some info. i am very interested in your 2002 ih hooklift truck.

  15. #15nickbowers2011-02-23 03:24

    i have a 20 and 30 ton unit for boggie and twin steer