Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Used JD 324G – Stored Codes

Deere Newb ยท 2025-08-13 23:49

Have been looking to buy a used JD 324G, and noted several stored codes when checking out the machine the other day. There are no active codes at the time of the look over. The mechanic at the shop I was looking at had just changed a starter motor relay that was preventing it from starting. The shop that is selling it is a large lease/rental company with offices across North America, so I assume they maintain their gear reasonably. Looking for some opinions on the stored codes. Should I be running away screaming? There were 20 of them in ECU, EMU, VCU and HCU categories. My take was, stored codes may be transient issues, or issues that have been fixed, but looking for some input and guidance. Absolute newb here, so please be kind! ECU 522400.c2 ECU 3695.14 ECU 522600.c9 ECU 522618.c9 ECU 522619.c9 ECU 237.31 EMU 158.c1 EMU 523694.12 VCU 158.c4 VCU 3598.c3 VCU 520849.c4 VCU 520849.c3 VCU 168.c4 VCU 1713 HCU 523219.c3 HCU 523217.c3 HCU 523218.c3 HCU 522447.c5 HCU 522450.c5 HCU 522596.c9

Replies1
  1. #1reganj2025-08-14 21:28

    I am leaning toward the smart folk on here are going to want a serial number and also would like to know if these are active or stored codes