Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Used JD 330 Excavator problems….need advice

thepitstop · 2025-08-09 17:39

Looking at pulling the trigger on a used 330 with 12200 hrs. Has some problems and I want to get a ballpark of what it entails to fix them. Both price and headache. Here's what is known. Price is cheap at $19K. Some of these items I'm just regurgitating what was said and I don't know exactly what it means. Please help a brother out. Thank you It has 1 new drive motor Claims strong engine and the undercarriage looks good from pictures Bucket pins and bushings need work Autoidle doesn't work At WOT if you push the stick right it bogs down and slowly climbs Track speed stuck in high Thinks he's got a pump with a broken wrist pin

Replies7
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-08-09 18:03

    330LC or 330CLC ? “At WOT if you push the stick right it bogs down and slowly climbs “ What function ? Need better details. . “Thinks he's got a pump with a broken wrist pin” Is one of the pumps chattering / noisy ?

  2. #2thepitstop2025-08-10 12:54

    330CLC Here's what was said "All functions bog the system. There is something broke or sticking in the pump. I had a buddy that lives down that way go look at it this morning. He works for CL Boyd John Deere, he ran pressures on it says it's hurt pretty good."

  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-08-10 13:52

    2X Reman hydraulic pumps retail $ 10700 each (less a good core). Hydraulic contamination would be a concern !

  4. #4skyking12025-08-11 01:13

    sounds like it is plumb wore out, and the seller is hoping to find somebody to haul it away for scrap ++ price.

  5. #5Welder Dave2025-08-11 01:36

    The price reflects it has some serious problems. I'd pass on it.

  6. #6HarleyHappy2025-08-11 07:54

    Lotsa headaches and money.

  7. #7thepitstop2025-08-12 03:08

    Thank you guys for all the info!!! Exactly what I was looking for